Rules & F.A.Q.
- This is a para only roleplay. If you’re into that petty one-liner bullshit, then this isn’t the RPG for you. OOC is allowed, but try to keep it mainly IC when communicating with other characters.
- No drama out of character please. Keep all the fighting in character. If you’re talking outside your character, be sure to put OOC otherwise everything should be IC.
- This is a mature RPG. However, you don’t have to take part in things like sex, drugs, alcohol, gore, etc. It’s all up to you.
- You may RP more than one character, but keep in mind, you must keep all of your pages active. If you don’t think you can handle it, please don’t audition more than one role to begin with.
- Any fighting must be put in para format.
- No God-Modding.
- Feel free to be creative with your page, just make sure it’s legible. Please be sure to include that you’re apart of InuYasha RPG somewhere on your page.
- Make sure you enable your ask box, because if you don’t I’ll have to ask you things via the Tumblr dashboard and that’s a hassle. It’s easier to just have your ask box enabled.
- If you are inactive for more than 2 weeks, your role will be reopened. If you are going on vacation, or won’t have Internet access for awhile be sure to let me know so I don’t open your role. Therefore, yes you must be active at least once every 2 weeks otherwise I’ll reopen your role without warning. So take this as your warning.
- If your role is reopened, you may reaudition for that role if you wish to do so.
- Be sure to follow and converse with everyone in the RPG. This place is meant to make friends and being choosy isn’t going to get you anywhere. Besides, no one likes to be left out, so don’t seclude anyone.
- Make sure you send in your character’s Tumblr URL so I can add it to the characters list so others can find you.
- If you wish to reserve a role, you have only 24 hours (unless you give me a reason as to why you can’t audition within that time period) before that role is reopened. This also applies to those whom audition for a role and don’t send in their Tumblr screen name.
- And last but not least, have fun! This place is meant to be fun for all InuYasha fans. I hope you enjoy. :)
Note: If you do not follow these rules, you will be removed from this RPG. Though, I’m not super strict - if you have any questions about the rules please drop an ask and I’ll be happy to answer. If you have a suggestion for me then please let me know! Suggestions and constructive criticism is appreciated.
What is Roleplaying?
Roleplaying is the act of taking on a certain role. In other words, it’s an escape from the real world. Many people use anime roleplaying video games, similar to this. But instead of an just any anime character, this RPG is circulated around InuYasha’s characters.
Roleplaying is weird. Why do you do it?
Many people do it for numerous reasons. As an escape, to meet new people, etc. but mainly because they enjoy it. It’s fun to take on the role of someone completely different from yourself. Not to mention, you meet many new and different people through roleplay. Of course roleplaying isn’t for everyone, but some people enjoy it. Don’t judge those who do.
What is paragraph roleplay? How do I do it?
It is a description of how your character interacts with other characters. Its pretty simple once you get the hang of it. Basically, you write everything your character does in third person.
Do you allow first person RPing?
I don’t care for first person RPing, I much rather you para in third person, but as long as it doesn’t bother the person you’re RPing with it’s fine with me.
What’s a starter?
The initiation of a roleplay.
What’s a one-liner? Why don’t you allow them?
A one-liner is basically the same thing as roleplaying, but is written in first person and with less description. An example: -Laughs and nudges your shoulder.- I don’t allow them because I personally find them childish or cheesy. I much rather have all of the characters here roleplay.
What does OOC and IC mean?
OOC stands for Out Of Character. When talking outside of your character on your blog, be sure to include that somewhere in your post. IC stands for the opposite, In Character. When posting on your blog, keep it mainly in character, please.
What is God Modding? Why don’t you allow it?
God Modding is the essence when someone’s character has the ability to practically do anything without limits or boundaries. Which basically means that you’re invincible and you can kill another character without their permission. I don’t allow it unless you have the consent from the person you are RPing with. It’s just more fair and fun for everyone.
What do you mean by “sample of writing?”
For those of you whom are new to roleplaying, a “sample of writing” is a paragraph RP. For tips on how to do that, refer to the “how do I paragraph RP” question in the Basics section.
I want to join this RPG, but I’ve never roleplayed through Tumblr. Could you possibly explain how roleplaying through Tumblr works?
Basically, roleplaying via Tumblr is the same thing as roleplaying via Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, etc. You can design your blog any way you like, reblog whatever you like, etc. all while in character. You may roleplay via blog posts.
A character I want to RP isn’t on your list. Can I suggest other people?
Yes. In fact, I encourage that you do. This place won’t be enjoyable if people don’t get to roleplay who they want. Original characters are accepted as well. Just remember that this RPG is circulated around InuYasha - therefore your original character must have something to do with that.